Find a feathered friend at Petfinder. However, not all of our birds are listed on Petfinder.
Before submitting an application for adoption, you should review the contents of the adoption application and agreement to understand what your obligations will be. You will be asked to sign it before your bird can live with you.
Here is how the process will go:
- Fill out the PDF format of the adoption application and email it back to our adoptions team. That will give us some information about you and your family to get started.
- PRH will review and email you to schedule a meet & greet via Calendly on the Contact Us page. This can take up to 7 business days depending on load.
- Once a birdie connection is made which can take several visits, we will arrange for a home visit to help you with arrangements for your new arrival. We will also discuss cages, toys, food, foraging and an emergency kit.
- Meanwhile, a vet appointment will be made for final vetting and nanochipping.
- PRH will deliver your new family member. You will receive an informational packet specific to your new family member. You will be invited to a closed Facebook page just for PRH adopters. This is a community and online forum to help you raise your adopted bird. We are here to provide you the best information possible to support you in a successful, enriching and rewarding relationship with your bird. You will need to sign the adoption agreement.
- Post your experience with us via: https://greatnonprofits.org/org/papayago-rescue-house-inc