Find your feathered friend at Petfinder.
Before submitting an application for adoption, you should review the contents of the adoption application and agreement to understand what your obligations will be. You will be asked to sign it before your bird can live with you.
Here is how the process will go:
- Fill out the PDF format of the adoption application and agreement and email it back to our adoptions department. That will give us some information about you and your family to get started.
- PRH will review and call you to make an appointment
- Once a birdie connection is made, we will arrange for a home visit to help you with arrangements for your new arrival
- Meanwhile, a vet appointment will be made for final vetting and micro chipping.
- PRH will deliver your new family member. You will receive an informational packet specific to your new family member including observed behaviors, weights, vetting information, micro chip number, favorite foods, activities, etc. as well as our card to keep with you if you ever need nail trims, wing clips, or just someone to help you figure things out. You will need to sign the adoption agreement.
- Let us know how things are going! We are not about the transaction but about building a relationship to help support you and your bird.